MRO Inventory Management: An EAM Best Practice Overview
There are many factors that must be considered when evaluating a MRO Inventory Management Program. Reliability Centered Maintenance recognizes the importance of having the right parts available at the right time to execute the Planning and Scheduling of maintenance work. The intention of this webinar is to provide instruction and guidance when conducting or developing an MRO Inventory Management Program to optimize maintenance workflow.
Examples of inventory management concepts that will be discussed is the identification of an item master list, the process of organizing, maintaining, and controlling inventory as well as examining the elements of issuing and distributing MRO material to maintenance technicians or Point-of-Use locations.
Value Proposition / What the Audience Will Learn:
- How to build and structure Item Master File - Data integrity / NormalizationThe root causes of the Buncefield incident
- Execute Material Planning - Qualify Work Order Requests / Parts Requisition / Maintenance Tools / Rental Equipment / Special Needs
- What steps are involved in developing a Stores Strategy - Layout / Security / Stocking
- The major processes for Inventory Management - Receiving / Cycle Counting / Obsolescence / Scrap / Warranty & Repair
- Best practices for issuing and distribution of material - Picking / Staging / Point-of-Use (POU) delivery
Manager - Reliability Services
About ABS Group
ABS Group of Companies, Inc. (www.abs-group.com), through its operating subsidiaries, provides technical advisory and certification services to support the safety and reliability of high-performance assets and operations in the oil, gas and chemical, power generation, marine, offshore and government sectors, among others. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, ABS Group operates with more than 1,500 professionals in over 30 countries. ABS Group is a subsidiary of ABS, a leading marine and offshore classification society.