Facility Siting Hazards Analysis Techniques
Save 25% when you register three or more attendees. Team Discount cannot be combined with any other discounts or promotions.
Learn what you need to do to satisfy the hazards analysis portion of OSHA facility siting requirements using either a consequence or risk-based approach. This technical course is designed for the process safety professional who performs facility siting studies. Students should bring a calculator or computer.
API RP 752, 753 and 756: Facility Siting Regulations and Compliance is also available the same week.
Who Should Attend this course?
- Those who must perform facility siting hazard analyses
- Those who review facility siting hazard analyses performed by others
- Those who supervise engineers that perform facility siting hazard analyses
what will i learn in this course?
- Know how to apply techniques for calculating the effects from fire and toxic hazards, including evaluating the vulnerability of personnel evacuations
- Know how to apply blast curve techniques for calculating vapor cloud explosions, pressure vessel bursts, boiling liquid expanding vapor explosions and chemical runaway or decomposition reactions.
- Understand when more detailed analysis techniques such as Computational Fluid Dynamics may be of benefit.
- Understand how blast loads are applied to buildings
- Learn about different dynamic analysis methods including material properties and response criteria
- Review different building types and understand their specific vulnerabilities to blast loads
- Understand the tools and methods used to evaluate potential building damage from explosions using dynamic analysis techniques.
- Understand non-structural and window glass fragment hazards including basic mitigation techniques
DURATION: 2 days
|Start/End Dates||Location Information||Register|
|19 Oct - 20 Oct 2016||ABS Consulting | San Antonio, TX
Day 1: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Process Hazards Fundamentals Important to Facility Siting
- Explosion Hazards Analysis Techniques
- Fire Hazards Analysis Techniques
- Toxic Hazards Analysis Techniques
- Quantitative Risk Assessments
- Workshops performing Explosion, Fire and Toxic Hazards Calculations
Day 2: 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Structural Hazards Analysis Techniques
- Applied Blast Loads
- Material Strengths and Response Criteria
- Dynamic Analysis Methods
- Building Types and Damage Examples
- Design Applications and Upgrades
- Windows Doors and Non-Structural Hazards
- Facility Siting Myths
Mr. Gary Fitzgerald - Process Hazards / Advanced Engineering Division Director, ABS Consulting
Mr. Ben Harrison - Director, Structural Hazards / Advanced Engineering Division, ABS Consulting
Mr. Greg Knight - Technical Manager, Process Hazards / Advanced Engineering Division, ABS Consulting
Mr. Chris Leboeuf, P.E. - Technical Manager, Structural Hazards / Advanced Engineering Division, ABS Consulting