Human Error Prevention
Save 25% when you register three or more attendees. Team Discount cannot be combined with any other discounts or promotions.
During this 2-day course, attendees learn how to examine and categorize specific human errors to identify the conditions and situations that contributed to mistakes. Attendees also discover why most human mistakes and human factors are caused by error-likely situations, which typically stem from weaknesses in the policies/practices that influence how organizations select, train, supervise, communicate with, and design workplaces for workers. You will learn how to apply several human performance assessment tools, including error-likely situation checklist analyses, walkthrough analyses, guideword analyses, risk-reward analyses, and ABC (antecedent-behavior-consequence) analysis. You will participant in several workshops so you will be able to apply these tools immediately. We will also discuss the advantages and disadvantages of each approach so you will know when and where to apply each of these approaches. Finally, we will talk about how to integrate these tools and approaches into equipment designs, incident investigations, management of change, and proactive analyses (e.g., PHAs, FMEAs).
Who Should Attend this course?
- Those seeking techniques to analyze facilities, systems, and operations proactively and reactively
- Those seeking new prevention and mitigation approaches to solve human performance problems
what will i learn in this course?
- Learn the underlying reasons why human errors occur
- Learn how to correct human performance issues before they cause problems
- Learn how to assist others in your organization in dealing with human performance in your operations
- 1.2 CEUs, 1.2 COCs, 2.0 CMs, ABIH approval #10-238
Duration: 2 days
|Start/End Dates||Location Information||Register|
|16 Mar - 17 Mar 2017||ABS Consulting | Knoxville, TN
|06 Apr - 07 Apr 2017||ABS Consulting | Knoxville, TN
|11 May - 12 May 2017||ABS Consulting | Knoxville, TN
|27 Jul - 28 Jul 2017||ABS Consulting | Knoxville, TN
|21 Sep - 22 Sep 2017||New Orleans, LA
|02 Nov - 03 Nov 2017||ABS Consulting | Knoxville, TN
|07 Dec - 08 Dec 2017||Las Vegas, NV
Day 1: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Goal of human error analysis
- Understanding human error and its influences
- What is human error?
- Human error categories
- Workshop: Categorizing human errors
- Simple model of human behavior
Day 2: 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Analysis techniques
- Error-likely situation checklist analysis
- Walkthrough analysis
- Workshop: Applying the walkthrough analysis technique
- Guide word analysis
- Workshop: Applying the guide word analysis technique
- Prevention and mitigation strategies
- Common human error prevention techniques
- Organizational responsibilities for human error prevention and mitigation
- Overview of human factors codes and standards
- Workshop: Developing effective recommendations
Mr. Lee Vanden Heuvel - Manager of Incident Investigation/Root Cause Analysis Services and Senior Risk/Reliability Engineer, ABS Consulting
Mr. Chason Coelho - Senior Engineer, ABS Consulting
Mr. Donald Lorenzo - Senior Technical Director of Onsite Training, ABS Consulting
- Combined Course: Root Cause Analysis and Incident Investigation and Human Error Prevention
- Root Cause Analysis and Incident Investigation
- This course is part of ABS Consulting's Advanced Root Cause Analyst/Incident Investigator certification program.
- Incident Investigation and Root Cause Analysis
- We can teach this course at your office. Request onsite training.