International & Offshore Oil and Gas Regulations and Standards
Save 25% when you register three or more attendees. Team Discount cannot be combined with any other discounts or promotions.
This 3-day course assists professionals in the offshore oil and gas industry by providing an overview of the regulatory approaches used by various countries around the world including the United States, United Kingdom, Norway, Brazil, Australia, the Middle East (Abu Dhabi) and West Africa (Angola).
Participants will receive an introduction to prescriptive and performance-based approaches to regulating the offshore oil and gas industry. The course also includes an introduction to international standards organizations and how the standards produced by these organizations are used by regulators.
Who Should Attend this course?
- This course is designed for those with at least 5 years of experience in the Offshore Oil and Gas industry.
- This course is valuable for engineers, inspectors and administrative personnel.
What will i learn in this course?
- Fundamentals of international regulations for Offshore Oil & Gas Industry and how they apply to course participants including:
- international agencies
- industry associations
- industry representatives
- Regulatory approaches in various countries with emphasis on Health, Safety and Environment (HSE)
- HSE management in international offshore operations and their applicability to your company
- Industry standards organizations and how standards are used by international regulatory agencies
Duration: 3 days
|Start/End Dates||Location Information||Register|
|25 Jul - 27 Jul 2017||ABS Consulting | Knoxville, TN
|14 Nov - 16 Nov 2017||ABS Consulting | Arlington, VA
- Overview of Current Oil and Gas Supply, Demand and Prices
- Agency 1: United States (U.S.), Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement (BSEE)
- Agency 2: United Kingdom (UK), Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
- Agency 3: Norway, Petroleum Safety Authority (PSA)
- Agency 4: Brazil, National Agency of Petroleum, Natural Gas and Biofuels (ANP)
- Agency 5: Australia, National Offshore Petroleum Safety and Environmental Management Authority (NOPSEMA)
- Agency 6: Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC)
- Agency 7: West Africa (Angola), Sonangol
- Conclusion on regulatory framework and best practices from each agency
Henrique Paula - Vice President of Strategic Initiatives, ABS Group
Smarty John - Senior Engineer, ABS Group
Tony Wallis - National Security and Risk Consultant, ABS Consulting