Revalidating Process Hazard Analyses
Save 25% when you register three or more attendees. Team Discount cannot be combined with any other discounts or promotions.
In this course attendees learn how to efficiently revalidate process hazard analyses (PHAs). By learning how to use a revalidation decision tree, attendees gain a productive revalidation tool that accounts for management goals, previous documentation, PHA quality, and operating history. Whether or not you are subject to the U.S. OSHA process safety management (PSM) regulation (29 CFR 1910.119), it is considered a recognized and generally accepted industry practice to update or revalidate PHAs or other types of risk analyses every 5 years to confirm that the "risk picture" of the process or facility has not changed.
Who Should Attend this course?
- Anyone who needs to determine an appropriate approach for revalidation
- Anyone who needs to effectively address previous PHA deficiencies
- Anyone who needs to prepare for and document a PHA revalidation
- All course participants should be trained in leading PHAs (such as the instruction provided in Process Hazard Analysis Leader or a similar course)
- Those who have basic PHA leadership skills may want to consider taking the Advanced PHA Leader course or the Layer of Protection Analysis course
what will i learn in this course?
- Discover how to identify a revalidation approach that will work for your PHAs
- Learn ways to lead a team through a revalidation analysis that satisfies OSHA and EPA requirements
- Gain a thorough understanding of your options for addressing PHA revalidation requirements
- Learn what resources may be required to perform a revalidation and how to use them more efficiently
- Learn how to prepare for, perform, and document a revalidation analysis to make future analyses easier and to produce a report useful to other end users in your company
- 1.2 CEUs, 1.2 COCs, 2.0 CMs, ABIH approval #10-225
Duration: 2 days
|Start/End Dates||Location Information||Register|
|06 Dec - 07 Dec 2017||ABS Consulting | Knoxville, TN
Day 1: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Overview of OSHA (and Related EPA) Requirements
- Terms and Definitions
- Identifying New Goals
- Minimal compliance
- Meeting the needs of end users (such as procedure writers, trainers, and equipment reliability personnel)
- Gathering Required Information
- Assessing the Initial PHA
- Workshop: Compliance/Quality Review of an Example PHA
- Evaluating Changes Since the Previous PHA
- Considering "Lessons Learned"
- Defining the Revalidation Approach
- Conducting the Revalidation
- Documenting the Revalidation
Day 2: 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Documenting the Revalidation (continued)
- Workshop: Revalidating a PHA
- Certification Examination (optional)
Mr. Henrique Paula - Senior Vice President of Strategic Initiatives, ABS Group
Mr. Mark Taylor - Senior Risk/Reliability Engineer, ABS Consulting
Mr. William Bradshaw - Senior Risk/Reliability Engineer, ABS Consulting
Mr. David Whittle - Director of Process Safety Services, ABS Consulting
- Advanced PHA Leader
- Combined Course: Advanced PHA Leader, Revalidating Process Hazard Analyses and Management of Change
- Layer of Protection Analysis
- Process Hazard Analysis Leader | with HazardReview LEADER™ Software
- Process Safety Management Compliance
- Risk Management Programs Compliance
- This course is part of ABS Consulting's PHA Revalidator certification program.
- HazardReview LEADER™, world-class PHA/HAZOP/LOPA software integrated with Microsoft® Office.
- We can teach this course at your office. Request onsite training.
- ABS Consulting is a recognized leader in conducting efficient and value-added PHAs for a wide variety of industries.