Root Cause Analysis and Incident Investigation
Save 25% when you register three or more attendees. Team Discount cannot be combined with any other discounts or promotions.
Learn to use the license-fee-free SOURCE™ root cause analysis (RCA) methodology for investigating incidents. This methodology will help you initiate a root cause analysis incident investigation, gather data for investigating all types of incidents, collect data through interviews and parts analyses, apply powerful techniques (timelines, cause and effect trees, Root Cause MapTM, and 5-whys) for causal factor and root cause identification. Avoid future incidents by developing appropriate recommendations using our four-level recommendation development guidance to address each of the causal factors and root causes, structure reports for optimum effectiveness, develop your data-trending process to identify systemic problem areas, and more. You'll walk away with your course notebook, a copy of our Root Cause Analysis Handbook, our Excel and Visio templates, and access to our online resources for you and your entire organization - no licensing fees to pay.
Who Should Attend this course?
- Anyone who needs to learn incident investigation skills
- Anyone who needs to know how to meet requirements of standards and regulations for investigation of incidents with safety, health, reliability, environmental, and quality impacts
what will i learn in this course?
- Learn how to investigate serious and complex incidents
- Learn the importance of near-miss investigations, incident classification, and data trending
- Learn how to identify root causes (not just causal factors) using proven techniques
- Come away from the course with: step-by-step guides for causal factor charting, timelines, and cause and effect trees; access to ABS Consulting's extensive online resources; complete solutions to example problems; the SOURCE Investigator's Toolkit™ to help you gather and organize your data; a Root Cause Map™ for your company to use; a 300-page Root Cause Analysis Handbook that includes details on using the Root Cause Map; and a FREE Excel® template for documenting causal factor charts and cause and effect trees
- 1.9 CEUs, 1.9 COCs, 3.17 CMs, ABIH approval #10-230
DURATION: 3 days
|Start/End Dates||Location Information||Register|
|24 Jul - 26 Jul 2017||ABS Consulting | Knoxville, TN
|19 Sep - 21 Sep 2017||Warrington, UK
|18 Sep - 20 Sep 2017||New Orleans, LA
|30 Oct - 1 Nov 2017||ABS Consulting | Knoxville, TN
|4 Dec - 6 Dec 2017||Las Vegas, NV
|5 Dec - 7 Dec 2017||Warrington, UK
Day 1: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Basics of incidents and investigations
- Workshop: Identifying causal factors and root causes
- Analyzing data (Timelines)
- Workshop: Timeline
Day 2: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Analyzing data (cause and effect tree analysis)
- Workshop: Using cause and effect tree analysis
- Determining root causes
- Workshop: Identifying root causes using the Root Cause Map technique
- Developing conclusions and recommendations
Day 3: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Workshop: Developing recommendations
- Completing the investigation
- Initiating the investigation
- Gathering people, physical, paper, and position data
- Overview of results trending
- Selecting problems for analysis
- Overview of developing and implementing an incident investigation program
- Workshop: Simulated incident investigation
- Certification examination (optional)
Mr. Henrique Paula - Senior Vice President of Strategic Initiatives, ABS Group
Mr. Lee Vanden Heuvel - Manager of Incident Investigation/Root Cause Analysis Services and Senior Risk/Reliability Engineer, ABS Consulting
Mr. James Rooney - Director of Training Services - Safety, Risk & Compliance, ABS Consulting
Mr. Robert Iddins - Security Analyst and Risk Engineer, ABS Group
Ms. Julie Ott - General Manager, ABS Consulting
Mr. Donald Lorenzo - Senior Technical Director of Onsite Training, ABS Consulting
Gay-Ellen Stulp - Instructor, ABS Consulting
- Combined Course: Root Cause Analysis and Incident Investigation and Human Error Prevention
- Human Error Prevention
- Maritime RCA Incident/Investigation
- Root Cause Analysis Essentials
- This course is part of ABS Consulting's Advanced Root Cause Analyst/Incident Investigator certification program.
- Incident Investigation and Root Cause Analysis
- We can teach this course at your office. Request onsite training.
- Download the SOURCE Investigator's Toolkit™, a sample report form, and Excel templates. Used in conjunction with our SOURCE methodology and our training course, these FREE tools will help you perform efficient and effective analyses.
- Purchase the Root Cause Analysis Handbook directly from our publisher.
- Root Cause Analysis For Beginners
- Getting to the Root of the Problem
- Increasing the Value of Instinct
- Fostering a Commitment to Improvements
- Increasing Support for Improvement
- Maintaining Change Over the Long Term
- Solutions That Make a Difference