Root Cause Analysis and Incident Investigation
Save 25% when you register three or more attendees. Team Discount cannot be combined with any other discounts or promotions.
Who Should Attend this course?
- Anyone who needs to learn incident investigation skills
- Anyone who needs to know how to meet requirements of standards and regulations for investigation of incidents with safety, health, reliability, environmental, and quality impacts
what will i learn in this course?
- Learn how to investigate serious and complex incidents
- Learn the importance of near-miss investigations, incident classification, and data trending
- Learn how to identify root causes (not just causal factors) using proven techniques
- Come away from the course with: step-by-step guides for causal factor charting, timelines, and cause and effect trees; access to ABS Consulting's extensive online resources; complete solutions to example problems; the SOURCE Investigator's Toolkit™ to help you gather and organize your data; a Root Cause Map™ for your company to use; a 300-page Root Cause Analysis Handbook that includes details on using the Root Cause Map; and a FREE Excel® template for documenting causal factor charts and cause and effect trees
- 1.9 CEUs, 1.9 COCs, 3.17 CMs, ABIH approval #10-230
DURATION: 3 days
|Start/End Dates||Location Information||Register|
|30 Oct - 1 Nov 2017||ABS Consulting | Knoxville, TN
|4 Dec - 6 Dec 2017||Las Vegas, NV
|5 Dec - 7 Dec 2017||Warrington, UK
Day 1: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Basics of incidents and investigations
- Workshop: Identifying causal factors and root causes
- Analyzing data (Timelines)
- Workshop: Timeline
Day 2: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Analyzing data (cause and effect tree analysis)
- Workshop: Using cause and effect tree analysis
- Determining root causes
- Workshop: Identifying root causes using the Root Cause Map technique
- Developing conclusions and recommendations
Day 3: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Workshop: Developing recommendations
- Completing the investigation
- Initiating the investigation
- Gathering people, physical, paper, and position data
- Overview of results trending
- Selecting problems for analysis
- Overview of developing and implementing an incident investigation program
- Workshop: Simulated incident investigation
- Certification examination (optional)
Mr. Henrique Paula - Senior Vice President of Strategic Initiatives, ABS Group
Mr. Lee Vanden Heuvel - Manager of Incident Investigation/Root Cause Analysis Services and Senior Risk/Reliability Engineer, ABS Consulting
Mr. James Rooney - Director of Training Services - Safety, Risk & Compliance, ABS Consulting
Mr. Robert Iddins - Security Analyst and Risk Engineer, ABS Group
Ms. Julie Ott - General Manager, ABS Consulting
Mr. Donald Lorenzo - Senior Technical Director of Onsite Training, ABS Consulting
Gay-Ellen Stulp - Instructor, ABS Consulting
- Combined Course: Root Cause Analysis and Incident Investigation and Human Error Prevention
- Human Error Prevention
- Maritime RCA Incident/Investigation
- Root Cause Analysis Essentials
- This course is part of ABS Consulting's Advanced Root Cause Analyst/Incident Investigator certification program.
- Incident Investigation and Root Cause Analysis
- We can teach this course at your office. Request onsite training.
- Download the SOURCE Investigator's Toolkit™, a sample report form, and Excel templates. Used in conjunction with our SOURCE methodology and our training course, these FREE tools will help you perform efficient and effective analyses.
- Purchase the Root Cause Analysis Handbook directly from our publisher.
- Root Cause Analysis For Beginners
- Getting to the Root of the Problem
- Increasing the Value of Instinct
- Fostering a Commitment to Improvements
- Increasing Support for Improvement
- Maintaining Change Over the Long Term
- Solutions That Make a Difference