Advanced PHA Leader
Save 10% on public training courses scheduled through December 31, 2020. This discount cannot be combined with any other offer(s). See also 15% Team Discount.
Learn the tips, tricks, and secrets that professional analysts use to conduct efficient process hazard analyses (PHAs). Learn how to optimize process sections; conduct meetings; document work for review in regulatory, public, and legal forums; and analyze facility siting issues within the context of a PHA. These techniques include the Dow Fire and Explosion Index and the use of EPA-mandated hazard assessments in your PHAs. Previous experience leading HAZOPs, what if ( what-if )/checklist analyses, and/or failure modes and effects analyses (FMEAs) is required. Previous attendance in the Process Hazard Analysis Leader course (or equivalent) is strongly recommended.
Who Should Attend this course?
- Anyone needing to expand PHA skills with techniques such as the interaction matrix and the Dow Fire and Explosion Index
- Anyone who wants to avoid endless variations of the same questions in PHA meetings, improve his/her strategy for defining nodes, elevate the thoroughness of PHAs to a new level, and learn how to expedite meetings and the resolution of action items
what will i learn in this course?
- Learn new techniques to improve your PHAs
- Reduce the resources and time required for completing a high-quality PHA
- Improve in PHA quality and be eligible for Process Safety Institute certification as an Advanced PHA Leader
- Learn when and how to use a variety of techniques for identifying process hazards
- Be a more dynamic team leader and be more effective in dealing with "problem" team members
- 0.7 CEU, 0.7 COC, 1.17 CM, ABIH approval #10-223
Duration: 1 day
|Start/End Dates||Location Information||Register|
|12 Jun 2020||ABS Group | Knoxville, TN
|02 Oct 2020||ABS Group | Knoxville, TN
|11 Dec 2020||ABS Group | Spring, TX
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- OSHA/EPA requirements (regulations and clarifications) for PHAs
- Defining process sections and deviations/failure modes
- Workshop: Segmenting complex systems
- Identifying process hazards
- Workshop: Developing an interaction matrix
- Workshop: Making PHA meetings more effective
- Managing PHAs (all phases: preparation, meeting, documentation, resolution)
- Documenting PHAs (your company's needs vs. regulators' needs) and action item resolution
Mr. Mark Taylor - Senior Risk/Reliability Engineer, ABS Consulting
Mr. William Bradshaw - Senior Risk/Reliability Engineer, ABS Consulting
Mr. David Whittle - Director of Process Safety Services, ABS Consulting
- Combined Course: Advanced PHA Leader, Revalidating Process Hazard Analyses and Management of Change
- Layer of Protection Analysis
- Process Hazard Analysis Leader with HazardReview LEADER™ Software
- Revalidating Process Hazard Analyses
- Safety Integrity Level
- This course is part of ABS Consulting's Process Safety certifications.
- LEADER™, world-class PHA/HAZOP/LOPA software integrated with Microsoft® Office.