Save 10% with our Team Discount.
Compliance Audit Training Course
In this 2-day version of the compliance audit training course, you will learn to perform compliance auditing of process safety management (PSM) and risk management program (RMP) systems in accordance with OSHA and EPA regulations. Attendees will also learn the fundamentals of compliance auditing as well as how to perform compliance auditing of PSM and RMP programs, document the audit results, and structure reports for optimal effectiveness.
Who Should Attend This Compliance Audit Training Course?
- Anyone who needs to develop an auditing program, which is suggested in Appendix C of OSHA's PSM regulation
- Those needing to design or improve an overall auditing program for either a facility or company
- Those with good PSM regulatory knowledge should take the Compliance Auditing with PSM Overview course . You can also first take the Process Safety Management course  which provides a more in-depth review of the PSM requirements.
what will I learn in this COMPLIANCE AUDIT TRAINING course?
- Learn the fundamentals of auditing to help you structure effective PSM/RMP audits
- Receive auditing tools based on programs that have been successful at companies like yours
- Gain experience in an audit team environment with real-time constraints
- Immediately begin using the auditing tools you get in this course to determine your facility’s PSM/RMP compliance
- Practice auditing techniques, interviewing personnel, and obtaining consensus among team members
- Obtain hands-on experience in reviewing PSM/RMP programs and documentation and in writing specific, concise audits
- 1.2 CEUs, 1.2 COCs, 2.0 CMs, ABIH approval #10-216
DURATION: 2 days
View our current schedule of virtual or on-site courses at training.abs-group.com.
Day 1: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Fundamentals of Auditing:
- Scope of the audit
- Audit techniques
- Auditor qualifications
- The audit report
- The audit process
- Auditing the PSM/RMP Programs and Their Processes and Products
- PSM/RMP coverage and process boundaries
- Employee participation
- Process safety information
Day 2: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Auditing the PSM/RMP Programs and Their Processes and Products (continued)
- Process hazard analysis
- Hot work permits
- Operating procedures
- Management of change
- Incident investigation
- Emergency planning and response
- Mechanical integrity
- Compliance audits
- Pre-startup safety review
- Trade secrets
- Management system
- Hazard assessment
- Audit Follow-up and Tracking
- Certification Examination (optional)
- Course Summary
Mr. Henrique Paula - Senior Consultant, ABS Group
Mr. William Bradshaw - Senior Risk/Reliability Engineer, ABS Consulting
Mr. Daniel Machiela - Senior Risk/Reliability Engineer, ABS Consulting
- Combined Course: Process Safety Management Compliance and Compliance Auditing
- Process Safety Management Compliance
- Risk Management Program Compliance
- Certified ISO 45001:2018 Lead Auditor
- ISM Code Internal Auditor (ABS Academy)
- ISM Code Lead Internal Auditor (ABS Academy)
- ISO 45001:2018 Transition and Implementation (ABS Academy)
- Principles of HSSQE Auditor and Audit Process (ABS Academy)
- Integrated Management Systems Internal Auditor (ABS Academy)
- This course is part of ABS Consulting's PSM/RMP Auditor program certification.
- HazardReview LEADER™, world-class PHA/HAZOP/LOPA software integrated with Microsoft® Office.
- We can help you by performing a PSM/accident prevention assessment, developing or improving selective PSM program elements, or executing specific PSM activities.
- Safety, Risk and Compliance
- We can teach this course at your office. Request onsite training.