Cultural Cause Analysis™
Save 25% with a team discount when you register three or more attendees under one group registration and pay online (with one credit card). Team discount cannot be combined with any other discounts or promotions.
Learn this next generation root cause analysis (RCA) method and tool to reactively assess and understand cultural issues that led to a major accident or series of incidents. Corrective actions addressing these cultural issues, if effective, are valuable because they positively impact seemingly unrelated areas of performance, including safety, quality
The Cultural Cause Analysis™ (CCA) approach was developed by the same authors of
CCA is an extension of RCA and this course is designed for individuals that have formal RCA training and/or are knowledgeable with the fundamentals of RCA. The Cultural Cause Analysis™ method deepens your ability to assess the underlying behaviors, actions and cultural issues that allowed management system weaknesses (root causes) to exist and led to equipment or human performance gaps that caused an incident(s).
Who Should Attend this course?
Anyone who needs to build on their incident investigation and root cause analysis skills
Anyone searching to better identify underlying behaviors, actions, and cultural issues driving performance issues
Anyone who seeks to influence culture to drive enhanced performance
what Will I Learn in This Course?
Learn how to investigate cultural drivers of serious and complex incidents
Learn how to identify cultural causes
Learn the importance of culture data trending
Learn to balance the return-on-investment for what type of causal analysis and when
Learn the 12 Essential Features of Culture
Learn how Big Data supports a better culture
Come away from the course with your course notebook, access to ABS Group's extensive online resources, a Root Cause Map™ and a Cultural Cause Map™ for your company to use.
- 1.2 CEUs, 1.2 COCs, 2.0 CMs, ABIH approval #10-216
DURATION: 2 days
|Start/End Dates||Location Information||Register|
|16 Oct - 17 Oct 2019||ABS Group - Spring, TX
- Ice Breaker
- DISCUSSION: Goals & Outcomes
- Understand: The return-on-investment for what type of causal analysis and when
- Overview of typical response to accidents or reoccurring incidents (SOURCE™ Methodology)
- Review of applicable regulations
- WORKSHOP – When to Investigate the Incident, Analyze Root Causes, and Analyze Cultural Causes
- Industry Benchmarks – Organizational Culture
- DISCUSSION: Influencing change
- Understand: Applying causal analysis systematically
- POLL the Audience (anonymous) – Causal Analysis
- Review of types of causal analysis methods & tools, including the Root Cause Analysis Map™
- WORKSHOP – Applying causal analysis (RCA, and CCA) systematically
- Understand: The 12 Essential Features of Culture
- The Essential Features of a strong safety, quality, reliable culture
- POLL the Audience (anonymous) – Culture
- Layers of culture influence
- Trending of cultural issues, Cultural Cause Analysis Map™
- WORKSHOP – Analyze the cultural causes
- Understand: How Big Data supports better culture
- Data & the age of cultural influence
- DISCUSSION – Data & Culture
Steve Arendt - Vice President, Oil, Gas and Chemical for ABS Group
Laura Jackson - Director, Advanced Training Solutions
Jim Rooney - Director, Training Services - Safety, Risk & Compliance
Rick Curtis - Senior Risk Engineer
Julie Ott - General Manager, ABS Group
Lee Vanden Heuvel - Manager of Incident Investigation/Root Cause Analysis Services and Senior Risk/Reliability Engineer, ABS Group
- Human Error Prevention
- Maritime RCA/Incident Investigation
- Root Cause Analysis and Incident Investigation
- Root Cause Analysis Essentials
- Incident Investigation and Root Cause Analysis
Safety Culture Assessment
Process Safety Management
- We can teach this course at your office. Request onsite training.
- Download the SOURCE Investigator's Toolkit™, a sample report form, and Excel templates. Used in conjunction with our SOURCE methodology and our training course, these FREE tools will help you perform efficient and effective analyses.
- Purchase the Root Cause Analysis Handbook directly from our publisher.
- Root Cause Analysis For Beginners
- Getting to the Root of the Problem
- Increasing the Value of Instinct
- Fostering a Commitment to Improvements
- Increasing Support for Improvement
- Solutions That Make a Difference