Facility Siting Hazards Analysis Techniques
Save 10% with our Team Discount.
Who Should Attend this course?
- Those who must perform facility siting hazard analyses
- Those who review facility siting hazard analyses performed by others
- Those who supervise engineers that perform facility siting hazard analyses
what will i learn in this course?
- Know how to apply techniques for calculating the effects from fire and toxic hazards, including evaluating the vulnerability of personnel evacuations
- Know how to apply blast curve techniques for calculating vapor cloud explosions, pressure vessel bursts, boiling liquid expanding vapor explosions and chemical runaway or decomposition reactions.
- Understand when more detailed analysis techniques such as Computational Fluid Dynamics may be of benefit.
- Understand how blast loads are applied to buildings
- Learn about different dynamic analysis methods including material properties and response criteria
- Review different building types and understand their specific vulnerabilities to blast loads
- Understand the tools and methods used to evaluate potential building damage from explosions using dynamic analysis techniques.
- Understand non-structural and window glass fragment hazards including basic mitigation techniques
DURATION: 2 days
View our current schedule of virtual or on-site courses at training.abs-group.com.
Day 1: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Process Hazards Fundamentals Important to Facility Siting
- Explosion Hazards Analysis Techniques
- Fire Hazards Analysis Techniques
- Toxic Hazards Analysis Techniques
- Quantitative Risk Assessments
- Workshops performing Explosion, Fire and Toxic Hazards Calculations
Day 2: 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Structural Hazards Analysis Techniques
- Applied Blast Loads
- Material Strengths and Response Criteria
- Dynamic Analysis Methods
- Building Types and Damage Examples
- Design Applications and Upgrades
- Windows Doors and Non-Structural Hazards
- Facility Siting Myths
Mr. Greg Knight - Technical Manager, Process Hazards / Advanced Engineering Division, ABS Consulting
Mr. Ben Harrison - Director, Structural Hazards / Advanced Engineering Division, ABS Consulting
Mr. Johnny Waclawczyk - Director, Operations
Mr. Chris Leboeuf, P.E. - Technical Manager, Structural Hazards / Advanced Engineering Division, ABS Consulting