Management of Change
Save 10% on public training courses scheduled through April 30, 2020. Registration and payment must be processed by March 1, 2020. This discount cannot be combined with any other offer(s). See also 15% Team Discount.
This course emphasizes hazard review techniques commonly used to evaluate changes. It also focuses on improving existing programs for management of change (MOC) and pre-startup safety review (PSSR). You will also learn about other topics such as managing changes during the construction phase of major capital projects, managing personnel changes, and using software systems to manage change. Although the techniques covered in this course meet process safety management requirements, the focus is on effectiveness and efficiency, not simply complying with regulations.
Who Should Attend this course?
- Those who need to recognize change and common change initiators
- Those who need to make sure that risks are understood
- Those who evaluate controls to manage risk
- Those who follow through to confirm that changes are implemented as intended
what will i learn in this course?
- Enhanced learning through a combination of workshops and lectures
- Learn to manage change effectively both to fulfill requirements and to gain a competitive advantage
- 1.2 CEUs, 1.2 COCs, 2.0 CMs, ABIH approval #10-226
Duration: 2 days
|Start/End Dates||Location Information||Register|
|24 Feb - 25 Feb 2020||ABS Group | Knoxville, TN
|28 Sep - 29 Sep 2020||ABS Group | Knoxville, TN
|07 Dec - 08 Dec 2020||ABS Group | Spring, TX
Day 1: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Course learning objectives
- What is MOC? (case studies)
- Why manage change? (regulatory requirements)
- Recognizing Changes
- Reviewing Hazards
Day 2: 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Implementing a Change
- Pre-Startup Safety Review
- Developing or Reengineering an MOC/PSSR Program
- Managing an MOC/PSSR Program
- Special Topics
- Course Summary and Wrap-Up
Mr. Henrique Paula - Senior Vice President of Strategic Initiatives, ABS Group
Mr. William Bradshaw - Senior Risk/Reliability Engineer, ABS Consulting
Mr. Donald Lorenzo - Director, ABS Consulting Training Services - Professional Engineer (P.E.), Technical Trainer, ABS Consulting
Mr. David Whittle - Director of Process Safety Services, ABS Consulting
- Advanced PHA Leader
- Combined Course: Advanced PHA Leader, Revalidating Process Hazard Analyses and Management of Change
- Revalidating Process Hazard Analyses
- Management of Change (ABS Academy)
- HazardReview LEADER™, world-class PHA/HAZOP/LOPA software integrated with Microsoft® Office.