Maritime Management of Change
Save 15% with a team discount when you register three or more attendees under one group registration and pay online (with one credit card). Team discount cannot be combined with any other discounts or promotions.
This course is intended to address the management of change (MOC) requirements of the ISM Code (3: Company Responsibilities and Authority); TMSA (Element 7: Management of Change); ISO 9000 (5: Management Responsibility); and ISPS Code (Part A/11: Company Security Officer).
This course is intended to provide participants with an understanding of the controlled manner in which a company should manage change without affecting the integrity of an existing management system.
This course enhances awareness on how to establish procedures for evaluating and managing changes to operations, ship’s equipment or personnel by verifying that safety, environmental and other requirements are not compromised as a result.
The course familiarizes participants with the techniques of implementing and monitoring the required changes in their own management system.
The course applies the MOC process as detailed in the ABS Guidance Notes on Management of Change for the Marine and Offshore Industries (Publication #196) and the ABS Guide for Marine Health, Safety, Quality, Environmental and Energy Management (Publication #92). See Resources.
Who Should Attend this course?
- Vessel and shore-based personnel who may initiate a change covered by the MOC process.
- Vessel and shore-based personnel who may review and track changes, or coordinate the MOC process.
- This course meets the requirements of the Royal Institution of Naval Architects and the Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology for continuous Professional Development.
what will i learn in this course?
- Better awareness of changes that can have adverse impacts and methods that help personnel recognize these changes
- Methods that identify and address the potential impacts of these changes in a timely manner, including changes that will be temporary or are needed for emergency situations
- Detailed explanation of MOC process steps that includes job aids that facilitate an adequate review of proposed changes
- Discussion of MOC process implementation pitfalls and strategies for overcoming them
|Start/End Dates||Location Information||Register|
|18 Nov 2019||ABS Group | Arlington, VA
|04 May 2020||ABS Group | Arlington, VA
|16 Nov 2020||ABS Group | Arlington, VA
8:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Introduction, Learning Objectives, and Teaching References
- Why Management of Change Is Important
- Examples of Change and Incidents in Which Change Was a Major Contributor
- Lessons Learned for Incidents Workshop
- Drivers for Change Management
- What is Change?
- Definitions and What Changes Should Be Managed
- Change Recognition Workshop
- Initiator Recognition Workshop
- What Initiators Need to Know
- MOC Process Steps (Permanent Changes)
- Overview of the Process
- Detailed Examination of Each Step
- Summary of Process Participants and their Roles
- Examining Your Own Company's Process Steps
- MOC Process (Temporary and Emergency Changes)
- Examples of Temporary and Emergency Changes
- Detailed Examination of Process Steps for These Types of Changes
- Examining Your Own Company's Process Steps for These Types of Changes
- Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment Introduction
- Defining Hazards
- Workshops in Change Impact Assessment
- Understanding Risk Management
- Hierarchy of Risk Controls
- Overview of Risk Analysis Tools
- MOC Program Concerns
- Likely MOC Process Pitfalls
- Barriers to an Effective Program
- Concerns and Suggestions
- TMSA Element 8 Review
James Rooney - Director of Training Services - Safety, Risk & Compliance, ABS Group
Mr. Lee Vanden-Heuvel - Manager of Incident Investigation/Root Cause Analysis Services, ABS Group
- Advanced Maritime RCA / Incident Investigation
- Maritime Risk Assessment Implementation
- Maritime RCA / Incident Investigation
- Management of Change (ABS Academy)
- ABS Consulting assists with maritime accident investigations with proven, structured analysis techniques.
- We can teach this course at your office. Request onsite training.