Maritime Risk Assessment Implementation
Save 10% on public training courses scheduled through December 31, 2020. This discount cannot be combined with any other offer(s). See also 15% Team Discount.
This course introduces hazard analysis techniques for identifying and assessing the hazards of various activities, processes, procedures and equipment in the maritime industry.
WHat will i learn in this course?
Course lecture and practical workshops provide participants with an understanding of risk principles (i.e., the building blocks needed to effectively assess risks) and details of process steps needed to affect comprehensive job safety and hazard analyses (JSA and HAZID).
The course provides participants with the foundation needed to perform most risk assessments that are needed by a maritime company’s Management Of Change (MOC) program.
The course applies material contained in ABS Guidance Notes on Risk Assessment Application for Marine and Offshore Oil and Gas Industries (Publication #97) and ABS Consulting Marine Safety Tools for Risk-based Decision Making (ISBN 0-86587-909-5).
Duration: 2 days
|Start/End Dates||Location Information||Register|
|17 Nov - 18 Nov 2020||ABS Group | Arlington, VA
Day 1: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Overview of Maritime Drivers for Risk Management and Example Applications
- Contributors to a Loss Scenario and How These Contributors are Controlled
- High-level Models that Describe Causal Analysis
- Understanding Risk, Risk Components, Risk Characterizations
- Overview of Quantitative Methods: Point Estimation and Risk Categorization
- Overview of Qualitative Methods: Prioritization and Ranking
- Calculating Change in Risk
- Building Meaningful Consequence Tables and Frequency Scales
- Understanding Frequency and Probability
- Risk Matrix, Risk Equivalence and Risk Acceptance
- Building Meaningful Risk Matrices
Day 2: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Overview of Risk Management Processes and Options for Managing Risks
- Discussion of the Hierarchy of Hazard Controls
- Guidance for Selecting Appropriate Analytical Tools
- Guidance for Preparing and Conducting a Risk Assessment Meeting
- Procedures for a Comprehensive Job Safety Analysis
- Procedures for a HAZID Using a What-If Method
- Procedures for a HAZID Using a Scenario-based Approach
- Overview of ABS / ABS Consulting Risk Assessment Software
James Rooney - Director of Training Services - Safety, Risk & Compliance, ABS Group
Mr. Lee Vanden-Heuvel - Manager of Incident Investigation/Root Cause Analysis Services, ABS Group
- Advanced Maritime RCA / Incident Investigation
- Maritime Risk Assessment Implementation
- Maritime Management of Change
- Hazard and Accident Analysis
- Human Error Prevention
- Layer of Protection Analysis
- Process Hazard Analysis Leader
- Quantitative Analysis Techniques
- ABS Consulting assists with maritime accident investigations with proven, structured analysis techniques.
- We can teach this course at your office. Request onsite training.