PMP Exam Preparation: Project Management Boot Camp
Save 10% on public training courses scheduled through December 31, 2020. This discount cannot be combined with any other offer(s). See also 15% Team Discount.
This fast-paced 5 day boot camp prepares each participant with all the core competencies to pass the PMP® Exam the first time. In this PMP® course, you will learn project management terms, processes and skills as well as methodologies for taking the PMP® Exam. The instructors will also provide guidance and tools on completing the PMP® credential application. This course will follow the Project Management Institute’s (PMI)® ten knowledge areas of PMBOK® Guide.
ABS Group has been reviewed and approved as a provider of project management training by the Project Management Institute (PMI)®. PMBOK, PMP, REP and PMI are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Items covered in this course:
- Apply the project management framework as described in the PMBOK® Guide
- Prepare for the PMP® Exam
- What to expect
- Terms and definitions
- Formulas and calculations
- Exam tips and tricks
- Practice and discuss over 200 sample exam questions
- Map experience to the PMI® (Project Management Institute) standard
Who Should Attend this course?
This course is designed for associate project managers, project managers, senior project managers, IT project managers, project coordinators, project analysts, project leaders, team leaders, product managers, program managers, project sponsors, and project team members seeking the PMP® credential.
Benefits of Attending?
This course will not only help you prepare for the PMP® credential exam, but will reinforce industry independent project management best practices. You will become comfortable with the widely accepted terms and definitions used by project managers worldwide.
Duration: 5 days
|Start/End Dates||Location Information||Register|
|12 Oct - 16 Oct 2020 (Online)||Online Course Offering*
Remote Training Information
|30 Nov - 04 Dec 2020 (Online)||Online Course Offering*
Remote Training Information
*Select courses are offered online. See our full list of remote course offerings.
Day 1: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Introduction: The application process
- Understand and start the application process.
- Lesson 1: Preparing for the exam
- Create a personal strategy for exam preparation.
- Lesson 2: Project Management Overview
- Define the basic project management framework.
Day 2: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Lesson 3: Project Management Process Groups
- Manage the interaction of the project management work through the project management framework.
- Lesson 4: Integration Management
- Identify, define, unify and coordinate the project management activities.
Day 3: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Lesson 5: Scope Management
- Ensure that the project includes ALL the work, and only the work required to meet the objectives of the project.
- Lesson 6: Time Management
- Identify the effort required to manage timely completion of the project.
- Lesson 7: Cost Management
- Estimate, budget, and control costs to successfully complete the project.
Day 4: 8:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Lesson 8: Quality Management
- Determine quality policies, objectives, and responsibilities so that the project will satisfy the needs for which it was initiated.
- Lesson 9: Human Resources Management
- Organize, manage, and lead the project team.
- Lesson 10: Communications Management
- Ensure timely and appropriate generation, collection, distribution, storage, and retrieval of project information.
Day 5: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Lesson 11: Risk Management
- Identify the effort required to conduct risk management planning, identification, analysis, and response planning on a project.
- Lesson 12: Procurement Management
- Identify the effort required to purchase or acquire products and services from an outside source; manage and control contracts and administer contract obligations.
- Lesson 13: Stakeholder Management
- Identify, analyze, and document the people, groups, or organizations that could impact or be impacted by the project. Manage stakeholder satisfaction and expectations.
- Lesson 14: Professional and Social Responsibilities
- Apply the PMI® code of ethics to the Project Management Profession.
- Lesson 15: Exam and Preparation Tips
- Gain insight into the best practices for passing the PMP® certification exam.
Bill Scott - Senior Director of Global Government Sector, ABS Consulting
- We can teach this course at your office. Request onsite training.