Process Hazard Analysis Leader with LEADER Software
$2,195 course fee, plus separate software license purchase at discount ($1,800 plus applicable tax)
Save 10% on public training courses scheduled through April 30, 2020. Registration and payment must be processed by March 1, 2020. This discount cannot be combined with any other offer(s). See also 15% Team Discount.
Learn practical methods for performing process hazard analyses (PHAs) of systems, procedures, and computer software using the hazard and operability (HAZOPs), what if / what-if, and checklist analysis techniques that address federal regulatory requirements. Qualify as a knowledgeable PHA leader, as required by OSHA and EPA, and be eligible for certification as a PHA leader. The fifth day of this course involves training on the LEADER™ software, which is a separate charge.
Note: Upon paid registration, we will contact you to complete the discounted software license purchase. If you already own a license, we will verify your maintenance status and contact you if necessary.
Install the software on your laptop and bring it to class so you can participate in the workshop.
Who Should Attend this course?
- Anyone who needs to learn how to apply HAZOP, what-if, and checklist analyses to any process or system in industries such as chemical, petroleum, pulp and paper, explosives, mining, iron and steel, pharmaceuticals, and consumer products
Benefits of Attending:
- Learn from experts how to perform a PHA, including collecting information, selecting the team, leading a meeting, and documenting results
- Focus on human factors issues to analyze procedures in areas such as startup, shutdown, and maintenance
- Take home valuable materials to help you on the job
- 2.6 CEUs, 2.6 COCs, 4.34 CMs, ABIH approval #10-222
- 3.1 CEUs, 3.1 COCs, 4.34 CMs, ABIH approval #10-222 (5-day course)
Duration: 5 days
- Day 5 is optional; see agenda for details
|Start/End Dates||Location Information||Register|
|27 Jan - 31 Jan 2020||ABS Group | Knoxville, TN
|9 Mar - 13 Mar 2020||ABS Group | Knoxville, TN
|18 May - 22 May 2020||ABS Group | Knoxville, TN
|20 Jul - 24 Jul 2020||ABS Group | Spring, TX
|14 Sep - 18 Sep 2020||ABS Group | Knoxville, TN
|26 Oct - 30 Oct 2020||ABS Group | Knoxville, TN
|14 Dec - 18 Dec 2020||ABS Group | Knoxville, TN
Day 1: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Process safety management and risk assessment concepts
- PHA requirements
- What-if/checklist technique
- Workshop: What-if/checklist review of a continuous process
- Analysis scope
Day 2: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- HAZOP technique
- Analysis preparation
- Analysis meeting
- Workshop: Example HAZOP (instructor-led)
- Workshop: HAZOP review of a continuous process
Day 3: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Workshop: HAZOP review of a continuous process (continued)
- Analysis documentation, results, and follow-up
- Human factors concepts
- HAZOP/what-if techniques for analyzing procedures and batch processes
- Workshop: Example HAZOP (instructor-led)
Day 4: 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Workshop: HAZOP/what-if reviews of batch processes and procedures
- PHA revalidation overview
- Certification examination (optional)
- LEADER software demonstration
- Critique of HAZOP leaders and course review
Day 5: 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.*
- Finding your way around in the LEADER software
- Preparing for a study
- Scribing tools (links, shorthand, clipboard, etc.)
- Producing and customizing reports
- Risk analysis tools (risk matrixes, cause-by-cause, LOPA)
- Creating and using project templates
- Managing and tracking changes
- Customizing tools and settings
- Advanced utilities, macros, and table audit functions
- Other features, questions, and wrap-up
*Bring your laptop to participate in workshops and gain an in-depth understanding of the software.
Mr. Donald Lorenzo - Director, ABS Consulting Training Services - Professional Engineer (P.E.), Technical Trainer, ABS Consulting
Mr. David Whittle - Director of Process Safety Services, ABS Consulting
Mr. Thomas Williams - Senior Risk/Reliability Engineer, ABS Consulting
- Advanced PHA Leader
- Layer of Protection Analysis
- Process Hazard Analysis Leader
- Revalidating Process Hazard Analyses
- This course is part of ABS Consulting's Process Safety certifications.
- LEADER™ world-class PHA/HAZOP/LOPA software integrated with Microsoft® Office.