Process Safety Management Compliance Training
Save 15% with a team discount when you register three or more attendees under one group registration and pay online (with one credit card). Team discount cannot be combined with any other discounts or promotions.
Learn how to interpret the performance-based requirements of the OSHA process safety management (PSM) regulation and the prevention program portion of the EPA risk management program (RMP) rule (the PSM regulations). You will also learn how to develop and implement a cost-effective PSM program for a single facility or an entire corporation.
Registration for the PSM and the PSM/Audit Combo courses for the November session is closed due to the courses being at full capacity. We encourage you to take advantage of the December and January offerings.
Who Should Attend this course?
- Those needing to implement or maintain an effective PSM program
- Those who will be leading compliance auditing and risk management program compliance efforts
- Anyone who deals with industry regulators
what will i learn in this course?
- Learn how to determine whether your facility is covered by OSHA's 29 CFR 1910.119 and EPA's 40 CFR 68
- Develop the understanding necessary to explain the PSM requirements to others in your company who need to understand the issues
- Discover a range of options for compliance that will allow you to develop a PSM program that addresses your specific needs
- Immediately apply what you have learned in the course to help your company satisfy OSHA PSM and related EPA RMP requirements
- Get up-to-the-minute information on OSHA and EPA regulatory enforcement activities and interpretations from the recognized leader in the field
- Receive guidance from instructors who have real-world experience in developing and installing PSM programs in a variety of facilities
- Learn to avoid costly mistakes made by others
DURATION: 3 days
|Start/End Dates||Location Information||Register|
|11 Nov - 13 Nov 2019||ABS Group | New Orleans, LA
|Registration is closed, course is full.|
|09 Dec - 11 Dec 2019||ABS Group | Spring, TX
|13 Jan - 15 Jan 2020||ABS Group | Knoxville, TN
|16 Mar - 18 Mar 2020||ABS Group | Spring, TX
|27 Apr - 29 Apr 2020||ABS Group | Knoxville, TN
|27 Jul - 29 Jul 2020||ABS Group | Spring, TX
|21 Sep - 23 Sep 2020||ABS Group | Knoxville, TN
|09 Nov - 11 Nov 2020||ABS Consulting | New Orleans, LA
DAY 1: 8:00 A.M. TO 5:00 P.M.
- Introduction to PSM
- The regulation:
- Regulation history, summary, definitions, compliance, interpretations, and citation insights
- Covered processes and application issues for both PSM and RMP
- Elements of the regulations:
- Employee participation
- Trade secrets
- Process safety information
- Operating procedures
DAY 2: 8:00 A.M. TO 5:00 P.M.
- Elements of the regulations (continued):
- Hot work permit/safe work
- Process hazard analysis
- Management of change
- Mechanical integrity
- Pre-startup safety review
DAY 3: 8:00 A.M. TO 3:00 P.M.
- Elements of the regulations (continued):
- Emergency planning and response
- Incident investigation
- Compliance auditing
- Developing PSM programs, implementation planning
- Course examination (optional)
- Course wrap-up
Mr. Henrique Paula - Senior Vice President of Strategic Initiatives, ABS Group
Mr. William Bradshaw - Senior Risk/Reliability Engineer, ABS Consulting
Mr. Daniel Machiela - Senior Risk/Reliability Engineer, ABS Consulting
- Compliance Auditing
- Process Hazard Analysis Leader | with HazardReview LEADER™ Software
- Process Safety Managament Compliance
- Revalidating Process Hazard Analyses
- Risk Management Program Compliance
- Root Cause Analysis and Incident Investigation
- This course is part of ABS Consulting's PSM/RMP Auditor program certification.
From the Knowledge Center
Process Safety Management Toolkit
Improving safety performance depends on designing and implementing effective, risk based PSM programs. Request our toolkit to access webinars, articles and training resources focused on risk reduction and promoting safety culture best practices.
- HazardReview LEADER™, world-class PHA/HAZOP/LOPA software integrated with Microsoft® Office.
- We can help you by performing a PSM/accident prevention assessment, developing or improving selective PSM program elements, or executing specific PSM activities.
- Safety, Risk and Compliance
- We can teach this course at your office. Request onsite training.