Risk Management Program Compliance
Save 10% with our Team Discount.
Learn about the mandated components of a risk management program (RMP) and how to implement a compliance strategy. Learn the basics of hazard assessments, emergency response programs, and risk management plans (RMPlans) as well as the current rulemaking and enforcement initiatives such as EPA audits.
Prerequisite(s): Students should attend Process Safety Management Compliance to learn about the prevention program requirements.
Who Should Attend this course?
- Anyone involved in the development and communication of RMPlans as required by EPA's RMP rule 40 CFR 68
what will i learn in this course?
- Learn how to perform and document hazard assessments
- Learn how to upgrade your OSHA process safety management program and emergency response program to meet EPA's requirements
- Use the results of these required programs to help make risk management decisions
- Document the results in a format that the public will understand
- 0.7 CEU, 0.7 COC, 1.17 CM, ABIH approval #10-219
DURATION: 1 day
View our current schedule of virtual or on-site courses at training.abs-group.com.
Day 1: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- RMP Overview: Technical Elements, Recordkeeping, Enforcement, and Air Permits
- RMP/PSM Coverage Differences
- Program Levels and Management System
- Offsite Consequence Analysis
- Identifying candidate scenarios/selection rationale
- Using EPA offsite consequence analysis (OCA) guidance and other modeling approaches
- Identifying public environmental receptors
- Workshop: Offsite consequence analysis
- Five-Year Accident History
- Emergency Response Program
- Risk Management Plans
- Creating an executive summary
- Compiling the RMP data elements
- Submitting and updating RMPlans
- RMP Communication and Outreach: Guidance, Issues, and Lessons Learned
- RMP Rulemaking and Enforcement Update
Mr. Michael Roberts - Senior Engineer and Manager of Consequence Analysis, ABS Consulting