Risk Management Program Compliance
Save 15% with a team discount when you register three or more attendees under one group registration and pay online (with one credit card). Team discount cannot be combined with any other discounts or promotions.
Learn about the mandated components of a risk management program (RMP) and how to implement a compliance strategy. Learn the basics of hazard assessments, emergency response programs, and risk management plans (RMPlans) as well as the current rulemaking and enforcement initiatives such as EPA audits.
Prerequisite(s): Students should attend Process Safety Management Compliance to learn about the prevention program requirements.
Who Should Attend this course?
- Anyone involved in the development and communication of RMPlans as required by EPA's RMP rule 40 CFR 68
what will i learn in this course?
- Learn how to perform and document hazard assessments
- Learn how to upgrade your OSHA process safety management program and emergency response program to meet EPA's requirements
- Use the results of these required programs to help make risk management decisions
- Document the results in a format that the public will understand
- 0.7 CEU, 0.7 COC, 1.17 CM, ABIH approval #10-219
DURATION: 1 day
|Start/End Dates||Location Information||Register|
|29 Oct 2019||ABS Group | San Antonio, TX
|31 Mar 2020||ABS Group | Arlington, VA
|27 Oct 2020||ABS Group | San Antonio, TX
Day 1: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- RMP Overview: Technical Elements, Recordkeeping, Enforcement, and Air Permits
- RMP/PSM Coverage Differences
- Program Levels and Management System
- Offsite Consequence Analysis
- Identifying candidate scenarios/selection rationale
- Using EPA offsite consequence analysis (OCA) guidance and other modeling approaches
- Identifying public environmental receptors
- Workshop: Offsite consequence analysis
- Five-Year Accident History
- Emergency Response Program
- Risk Management Plans
- Creating an executive summary
- Compiling the RMP data elements
- Submitting and updating RMPlans
- RMP Communication and Outreach: Guidance, Issues, and Lessons Learned
- RMP Rulemaking and Enforcement Update
Mr. Michael Roberts - Senior Engineer and Manager of Consequence Analysis, ABS Consulting