Root Cause Analysis and Incident Investigation Training
Save 10% on public training courses scheduled through December 31, 2020. This discount cannot be combined with any other offer(s). See also 15% Team Discount.
"What an awesome course! I highly recommend this class to any EHS professional with incident related responsibilities."
Taylor Wall, EHS&S Technician
Learn to use the license-fee-free SOURCE™ root cause analysis (RCA) methodology for investigating incidents. This methodology will help you initiate a root cause analysis incident investigation, gather data for investigating all types of incidents, collect data through interviews and parts analyses, apply powerful techniques (timelines, cause and effect trees, Root Cause Map™, and 5-whys) for causal factor and root cause identification.
Root Cause Analysis Training
Avoid future incidents by developing appropriate recommendations using our four-level recommendation development guidance to address each of the causal factors and root causes, structure reports for optimum effectiveness, develop your data-trending process to identify systemic problem areas and more.
You'll walk away with your course notebook, a copy of our Root Cause Analysis Handbook, our Excel and Visio templates and access to our online resources for you and your entire organization - no licensing fees to pay.
Ten Keys to an Effective Root Cause Analysis Program
Read our insights in developing an effective RCA program.
Incident Investigation Training Course
Who Should Attend this course?
- Anyone who needs to learn incident investigation skills
- Anyone who needs to know how to meet requirements of standards and regulations for investigation of incidents with safety, health, reliability, environmental, and quality impacts
what will i learn in this course?
- Learn how to investigate serious and complex incidents
- Learn the importance of near-miss investigations, incident classification, and data trending
- Learn how to identify root causes (not just causal factors) using proven techniques
- Come away from the course with: step-by-step guides for causal factor charting, timelines and cause and effect trees; access to ABS Group's extensive online resources; complete solutions to example problems; the SOURCE Investigator's Toolkit™ to help you gather and organize your data; a Root Cause Map™ for your company to use; a 300-page Root Cause Analysis Handbook that includes details on using the Root Cause Map; and a FREE Excel® template for documenting causal factor charts and cause and effect trees.
- 2 CEUs, 2 COCs, 3.17 CMs, ABIH approval #10-230
DURATION: 3 days
|Start/End Dates||Location Information||Registration|
|14 Dec - 18 Dec 2020 (Online)||Online Course Offering**
Remote Training Information
*Select courses are offered online. See our full list of remote course offerings.
Henrique Paula - Senior Consultant, ABS Group
Lee Vanden Heuvel - Manager of Incident Investigation/Root Cause Analysis Services and Senior Risk/Reliability Engineer, ABS Consulting
James Rooney - Director of Training Services - Safety, Risk & Compliance, ABS Consulting
Robert Iddins - Security Analyst and Risk Engineer, ABS Group
Julie Ott - General Manager, ABS Consulting
Donald Lorenzo - Senior Technical Director of Onsite Training, ABS Consulting
Gay-Ellen Stulp - Instructor, ABS Consulting
Mark Manton, PHD - Principal Engineer, ABS Consulting
- Combined Course: Root Cause Analysis and Incident Investigation and Human Error Prevention
- Human Error Prevention
- Maritime RCA Incident/Investigation
- Root Cause Analysis Essentials
- Cultural Cause Analysis™
- Incident Investigation Root Cause Analysis (ABS Academy)
- This course is part of ABS Consulting's Advanced Root Cause Analyst/Incident Investigator certification program.
- Incident Investigation and Root Cause Analysis
- We can teach this course at your office. Request onsite training.