Root Cause Analysis and Incident Investigation Training
Save 10% on public training courses scheduled through July 31st, 2020. Registration and payment must be processed by June 3rd, 2020. This discount cannot be combined with any other offer(s). See also 15% Team Discount.
Incident Investigation Training Course
Who Should Attend this course?
- Anyone who needs to learn incident investigation skills
- Anyone who needs to know how to meet requirements of standards and regulations for investigation of incidents with safety, health, reliability, environmental, and quality impacts
what will i learn in this course?
- Learn how to investigate serious and complex incidents
- Learn the importance of near-miss investigations, incident classification, and data trending
- Learn how to identify root causes (not just causal factors) using proven techniques
- Come away from the course with: step-by-step guides for causal factor charting, timelines and cause and effect trees; access to ABS Group's extensive online resources; complete solutions to example problems; the SOURCE Investigator's Toolkit™ to help you gather and organize your data; a Root Cause Map™ for your company to use; a 300-page Root Cause Analysis Handbook that includes details on using the Root Cause Map; and a FREE Excel® template for documenting causal factor charts and cause and effect trees.
- 2 CEUs, 2 COCs, 3.17 CMs, ABIH approval #10-230
DURATION: 3 days
|Start/End Dates||Location Information||Registration||Registration|
|11 May - 13 May 2020||ABS Group | Knoxville, TN
|12 May - 14 May 2020||ABS Group | Warrington, UK
|13 Jul - 15 Jul 2020||ABS Group | Spring, TX (Houston)
|03 Aug - 05 Aug 2020||ABS Group | Knoxville, TN
|14 Sep - 16 Sep 2020||ABS Group | New Orleans, LA
|03 Nov - 05 Nov 2020||ABS Group | Warrington, UK
|09 Nov - 11 Nov 2020||ABS Group | Knoxville, TN
|07 Dec - 09 Dec 2020||ABS Group | Spring, TX (Houston)
*Value Added Tax (VAT) applies to UK residents.
Day 1: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Basics of incidents and investigations
- Workshop: Identifying causal factors and root causes
- Analyzing data (Timelines)
- Workshop: Timeline
Day 2: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Analyzing data (cause and effect tree analysis)
- Workshop: Using cause and effect tree analysis
- Determining root causes
- Workshop: Identifying root causes using the Root Cause Map technique
- Developing conclusions and recommendations
Day 3: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Workshop: Developing recommendations
- Completing the investigation
- Initiating the investigation
- Gathering people, physical, paper, and position data
- Overview of results trending
- Selecting problems for analysis
- Overview of developing and implementing an incident investigation program
- Workshop: Simulated incident investigation
- Certification examination (optional)
Henrique Paula - Senior Vice President of Strategic Initiatives, ABS Group
Lee Vanden Heuvel - Manager of Incident Investigation/Root Cause Analysis Services and Senior Risk/Reliability Engineer, ABS Consulting
James Rooney - Director of Training Services - Safety, Risk & Compliance, ABS Consulting
Robert Iddins - Security Analyst and Risk Engineer, ABS Group
Julie Ott - General Manager, ABS Consulting
Donald Lorenzo - Senior Technical Director of Onsite Training, ABS Consulting
Gay-Ellen Stulp - Instructor, ABS Consulting
Mark Manton, PHD - Principal Engineer, ABS Consulting
- Combined Course: Root Cause Analysis and Incident Investigation and Human Error Prevention
- Human Error Prevention
- Maritime RCA Incident/Investigation
- Root Cause Analysis Essentials
- Cultural Cause Analysis™
- Incident Investigation Root Cause Analysis (ABS Academy)
- This course is part of ABS Consulting's Advanced Root Cause Analyst/Incident Investigator certification program.
- Incident Investigation and Root Cause Analysis
- We can teach this course at your office. Request onsite training.