Root Cause Analysis and Incident Investigation
Save 25% with a team discount when you register three or more attendees under one group registration and pay online (with one credit card). Team discount cannot be combined with any other discounts or promotions.
Who Should Attend this course?
- Anyone who needs to learn incident investigation skills
- Anyone who needs to know how to meet requirements of standards and regulations for investigation of incidents with safety, health, reliability, environmental, and quality impacts
what will i learn in this course?
- Learn how to investigate serious and complex incidents
- Learn the importance of near-miss investigations, incident classification, and data trending
- Learn how to identify root causes (not just causal factors) using proven techniques
- Come away from the course with: step-by-step guides for causal factor charting, timelines and cause and effect trees; access to ABS Group's extensive online resources; complete solutions to example problems; the SOURCE Investigator's Toolkit™ to help you gather and organize your data; a Root Cause Map™ for your company to use; a 300-page Root Cause Analysis Handbook that includes details on using the Root Cause Map; and a FREE Excel® template for documenting causal factor charts and cause and effect trees.
- 1.9 CEUs, 1.9 COCs, 3.17 CMs, ABIH approval #10-230
DURATION: 3 days
|Start/End Dates||Location Information||Register|
|15 Jul - 17 Jul 2019||ABS Group | Knoxville, TN
|09 Sep - 11 Sep 2019||ABS Group | New Orleans, LA
|11 Nov - 13 Nov 2019||ABS Group | Knoxville, TN
|19 Nov - 21 Nov 2019||ABS Group | Warrington, UK
|09 Dec - 11 Dec 2019||ABS Group | Spring, TX (Houston)
Day 1: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Basics of incidents and investigations
- Workshop: Identifying causal factors and root causes
- Analyzing data (Timelines)
- Workshop: Timeline
Day 2: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Analyzing data (cause and effect tree analysis)
- Workshop: Using cause and effect tree analysis
- Determining root causes
- Workshop: Identifying root causes using the Root Cause Map technique
- Developing conclusions and recommendations
Day 3: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Workshop: Developing recommendations
- Completing the investigation
- Initiating the investigation
- Gathering people, physical, paper, and position data
- Overview of results trending
- Selecting problems for analysis
- Overview of developing and implementing an incident investigation program
- Workshop: Simulated incident investigation
- Certification examination (optional)
Henrique Paula - Senior Vice President of Strategic Initiatives, ABS Group
Lee Vanden Heuvel - Manager of Incident Investigation/Root Cause Analysis Services and Senior Risk/Reliability Engineer, ABS Consulting
James Rooney - Director of Training Services - Safety, Risk & Compliance, ABS Consulting
Robert Iddins - Security Analyst and Risk Engineer, ABS Group
Julie Ott - General Manager, ABS Consulting
Donald Lorenzo - Senior Technical Director of Onsite Training, ABS Consulting
Gay-Ellen Stulp - Instructor, ABS Consulting
Mark Manton, PHD - Principal Engineer, ABS Consulting
- Combined Course: Root Cause Analysis and Incident Investigation and Human Error Prevention
- Human Error Prevention
- Maritime RCA Incident/Investigation
- Root Cause Analysis Essentials
- Cultural Cause Analysis™
- This course is part of ABS Consulting's Advanced Root Cause Analyst/Incident Investigator certification program.
- Incident Investigation and Root Cause Analysis
- We can teach this course at your office. Request onsite training.
- Download the SOURCE Investigator's Toolkit™, a sample report form, and Excel templates. Used in conjunction with our SOURCE methodology and our training course, these FREE tools will help you perform efficient and effective analyses.
- Purchase the Root Cause Analysis Handbook directly from our publisher.
- Root Cause Analysis For Beginners
- Getting to the Root of the Problem
- Increasing the Value of Instinct
- Fostering a Commitment to Improvements
- Increasing Support for Improvement
- Solutions That Make a Difference