Root Cause Analysis to Improve Asset Reliability
Save 25% with a team discount when you register three or more attendees under one group registration and pay online (with one credit card). Team discount cannot be combined with any other discounts or promotions.
Who Should Attend this course?
Asset Management Professionals, Reliability Managers, Reliability Engineers, Maintenance Managers, Maintenance Supervisors, Production Engineers, QA/QC professionals, Internal Auditors, and other professionals looking to expand their ability to successfully execute analysis of asset functional failures and incidents related to safety, health, reliability, environmental, and quality impacts.
what will i learn in this course?
Learn how to reduce latent issues leading to chronic and recurring asset functional failures
Learn how to identify root causes (not just causal factors) using proven techniques
Learn how to investigate serious and complex incidents
Learn the importance of near-miss investigations, proactive maintenance approaches, and data trending
Come away from the course with: step-by-step guides for causal factor charting, timelines, and cause and effect trees; access to ABS Group's extensive online resources; complete solutions to example problems; the SOURCE Investigator's Toolkit™ to help you gather and organize your data; a Root Cause Map™ for your company to use; a 300-page Root Cause Analysis Handbook that includes details on using the Root Cause Map; and a FREE Excel® template for documenting causal factor charts and cause and effect trees
1.9 CEUs, 1.9 COCs, 3.17 CMs, ABIH approval #10-230
DURATION: 3 days
|Start/End Dates||Location Information||Register|
|26 Mar - 28 Mar 2019||ABS Group | Houston, TX (Spring)
Day 1: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Introduction and Basics
- Workshop: Identifying causal factors and root causes
- Analyzing asset data from available asset management systems
- Workshop: Timeline
Day 2: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Analyzing asset data (cause and effect tree analysis)
- Workshop: Using cause and effect tree analysis
- Determining root causes
- Workshop: Identifying root causes using the Root Cause Map technique
- Developing conclusions and recommendations
Day 3: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Workshop: Developing recommendations
- Completing the investigation
- Initiating the investigation
- Gathering people, physical, paper, and position data
- Overview of results trending
- Selecting problems for analysis
- Overview of developing and implementing an incident investigation program
- Workshop: Simulated incident investigation
- Certification examination (optional)
Mr. Lee Vanden Heuvel - Manager of Incident Investigation/Root Cause Analysis Services and Senior Risk/Reliability Engineer, ABS Group
Mr. James Rooney - Director of Training Services - Safety, Risk & Compliance, ABS Group
Mr. Mark Wolfgram – Senior Manager, Reliability Services, ABS Group
Mr. Chris Armitage – Principal Reliability Engineer, ABS Group
- Combined Course: Root Cause Analysis and Incident Investigation and Human Error Prevention
- Human Error Prevention
- Maritime RCA Incident/Investigation
- Root Cause Analysis Essentials
- This course is part of ABS Group's Advanced Root Cause Analyst/Incident Investigator certification program.
Our Asset Performance Optimization experts offer a full suite of asset management services including asset management master plan development, asset criticality assessments, PM optimization, FMEA analysis, What If Analysis, planning and scheduling support, reliability engineering staff augmentation, best practice work management business process definition, and CMMS system implementation and integration.
We can help you by performing a comprehensive on-site assessment and gap analysis of your current asset management program to ensure you gain the maximum benefit from your SOURCE RCA training.
- Incident Investigation and Root Cause Analysis
- We can teach this course at your office. Request onsite training.
- Download the SOURCE Investigator's Toolkit™, a sample report form, and Excel templates. Used in conjunction with our SOURCE methodology and our training course, these FREE tools will help you perform efficient and effective analyses.
- Purchase the Root Cause Analysis Handbook directly from our publisher.
- Root Cause Analysis For Beginners
- Getting to the Root of the Problem
- Increasing the Value of Instinct
- Fostering a Commitment to Improvements
- Increasing Support for Improvement
- Solutions That Make a Difference