In every market we serve, we use technology and knowledge to inspect and verify that assets are as they should be for the required stage of their development. Whether your project is a newbuild, major modification or conversion, our international network of
Regardless of the lifecycle stage of the project – from procurement through operation – our independent reporting confirms the information you need to know so the appropriate decisions can be made.
View our Technical Inspection services factsheet.
Supporting Virtual and Mobile Inspections
Our global team of inspectors and auditors delivers remote inspections designed to provide you with the same level of technical expertise and real-time insight as onsite service. We apply remote visual inspection tools to look at objects and materials at a distance to support your mechanical integrity or asset performance management program. Learn more about our remote inspection capabilities available anytime, anywhere.
Solutions That Confirm Specifications, Requirements
Source Inspections and Expediting
Our Source Inspection services and expediting at supplier and vendor sites for manufacturers, owners and other stakeholders verify that the equipment or goods are manufactured in accordance with the client specifications and other applicable quality system requirements as specified.
Source inspection and periodic status reports are tailored to meet specific client needs and may include the following:
- Product certification
- Review of material test reports
- Witnessing mechanical tests, factory acceptance tests, and hydrostatic and performance tests
- Witnessing welders' performance qualifications
- Witnessing nondestructive examination (NDE) and performing visual examinations
- Review of weld procedure specifications and procedure qualifications
- Examination of edge preparation, fit-up and dimensional attributes
- Coatings inspections
- Verification of quantities shipped, including proper packing and identification marking
- Report of activity and release notes as requested
Engineering Review and Third Party Inspection
As an independent third party, we provide engineering review and verification at all project phases, from conceptual design to decommissioning. Our trusted technical advisors act on behalf of our clients to review and confirm that all engineering activities are carried out in accordance with the specified parameters and requirements.
Through this review process, we adopt a logical and value-added approach using good engineering practices applied to codes and standards to assess our clients' designs and documentation. Our final deliverable to the client is an independent and unbiased Statement-of-Fact reporting document.
Services provided to a
- Analyses to verify design integrity of associated systems and equipment for compliance with applicable design codes and standards, project specifications and underlying safety issues
- Criticality assessments to determine objectively where to focus verification activities
- Reviews and calculations to address design adequacy
formaterials, structural strength, piping, instrumentation, fluid flow hydraulics, flare gas dispersion and heat radiation
- Specialty services including building design, structural design/analyses services and vibration assessment and mitigation
In-service Inspection Plans
With extensive experience in the development, implementation
Our MI experts perform equipment inspections and nondestructive testing services for fixed equipment such as pressure vessels, atmospheric storage tanks and piping.
We can handle your equipment certification needs for maintaining the appropriate levels of reliability, functionality and safety for systems, equipment, software, structures and procedures.