Project Quality Management (PQM)
Decades of Project Quality Management Service
As a reliable and independent organization, ABS Group represents the varied interests of a wide range of owners, operators and manufacturers all around the world. From offshore West Africa and shipyards in Singapore, Korea and China to manufacturing facilities in the US and Europe, our technical advisors are there to confirm compliance with each customer's specifications, schedule and budget.
Effective Project Quality Management (PQM) is consistent and focused on achieving the strategic and commercial business objectives of a project. As either second or third party owner's representative, ABS Group will provide essential oversight of new construction or modification of existing facilities to achieve project quality objectives. Our experienced engineers and quality assurance personnel help keep projects within budget and on schedule.
We have cultivated relationships with international regulatory agencies, lending our expertise in developing guidelines used to enhance safety policies and processes for organizations worldwide.
Multidisciplinary Team of Experienced Advisors
We are a worldwide leader in PQM services for Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management (EPCM) projects in the Oil, Gas and Chemical, Marine and Offshore sectors. Our multidisciplinary team includes the specific skills and knowledge essential for the job at hand, from structural and piping fabrication, rotating equipment and valve assembly, to electrical and control systems. Our strength in project management is demonstrated by our ability to:
- Staff challenging projects in a timely and effective manner
- Review and verify that engineering deliverables comply with client specifications, statutory requirements and applicable international codes and standards
- Perform required inspections and audits to verify quality compliance throughout the entire project lifecycle
Whether referred to as project supervision, construction management, owner's representation or other project specific terms, PQM is an essential oversight function to monitor and confirm adherence to project specifications, codes and standards and, in the end, help avoid costly budget overruns created by poor quality and missed deliveries.
Since each project is unique, our PQM services are driven by your needs. We can provide PQM services for any or all stages of the project – from FEED (FEL-1, FEl-2, FEL-3) through commissioning – establishing ongoing in-service inspection and reliability programs to confirm sustained quality during operation.
Serving as Project Quality Manager, ABS Group can represent the project owner's interests as a second party and provide the staff, systems and processes to monitor quality, cost and schedule. We can also function as an independent third-party to monitor and audit overall project performance to meet safety and quality standards.
Project Quality Management Services
We can provide PQM services for any or all stages of your project. We can then help establish ongoing in-service inspection and reliability programs to confirm sustained quality during operation for integrated inspection services, as well as coordination and logistics.
Our Technical Inspection and Verification team can provide overall quality management for your project or a range of specific services depending on the situation and needs, including:
- Project management, including development of Quality Plan and resources
- Project tracking, control and reporting, including integration and communication
- Engineering design review and verification
- Audit planning and development
- Vendor management, including auditing and inspection
- Financial due diligence
- Procurement surveillance, inspection and expediting
- Installation and pre-commissioning survey
- Quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) services and deliverables
- Professional resource qualification and training (welders, crane operators, etc.)
- Construction surveillance and inspection
Companies tap ABS Quality Evaluations to help them confirm the performance of their systems, people and supply chains. Our global network of auditors have applied our certification process to companies across many different industries including:
- Oil, Gas and Chemical
- Construction and Engineering
- Information Technology
We offer services to verify that the equipment or goods are manufactured to your specifications. There are a wide range of source inspections offered and can be set up at supplier and vendor sites. The inspections cover, among others:
- Product certification
- Review of material test reports
- Witnessing mechanical tests, factory acceptance tests, and performance tests
- Witnessing NDE and performing visual examinations
- Coatings inspections
- Verification of quantities shipped