IATF 16949 Monitoring for Certified Automotive Organizations
Stay on track with the International Automotive Task Force (IATF) audit requirements by participating in an IATF Monitoring event. This process helps the IATF certified organization better understand its risks during the reopening of facilities with the IATF requirements.
IATF Monitoring enables the Auditor and the Organization's Representative to cover basic monitoring of the QMS, to enable our clients to address identified risks, and keep the system on track while restarting daily operations without having an IATF auditor on site.
What We Cover:
- ABS Quality Evaluations (ABS QE) will not be issuing "nonconformances." The result of the monitoring activity includes review of key documents and identification of any associated risk for the client.
- As a result of the IATF Monitoring activity, the ABS QE auditor will make a recommendation and provide an IATF Monitoring report (draft or final). If a draft audit report is provided at the end of the IATF Monitoring event a final audit report will be provided within 15 days.
- The report recommendations will include:
- Additional IATF Remote Monitoring
- The IATF 16949 Monitoring replaces the previously required surveillance audit
- Additional audit days required at the next on-site audit
Vickie Betras is the Global Automotive Program Manager for ABS Quality Evaluations (ABS QE), the management systems certification subsidiary of ABS Group. She has experience with the ISO 9001 and TS 16949 standards, as well as the associated accreditation governing documents for the Automotive sector. Betras has audited management system standards for over 20 years as an IATF Certified Lead Auditor who has conducted hundreds of TS audits. Her automotive industry experience includes auditing various manufacturing processes such as stamping, welding, injection molding, machining and painting. Previously, she worked for an automotive supplier for over 10 years, with customers that included Tier 1 suppliers Ford, GM and Chrysler.
About ABS Group
ABS Group of Companies, Inc. (www.abs-group.com), through its operating subsidiaries, provides data-driven risk and reliability solutions and technical services that help clients confirm the safety, integrity, quality and efficiency of critical assets and operations. Headquartered in Spring, Texas, ABS Group operates with more than 1,000 professionals in over 20 countries serving the marine and offshore, oil, gas and chemical, government and industrial sectors. ABS Group is a subsidiary of ABS, one of the world's leading marine